Ready to join a team committed to moving gene therapies into the clinical and commercial settings for patients and families devastated by rare neurological genetic diseases? AveXis is advancing cutting-edge science to treat rare and life-threatening genetic diseases starting with our clinical-stage, proprietary gene therapy candidate, AVXS-101. We are in the midst of an incredible journey, and are looking for passionate individuals to join us on this important mission.
AveXis, Inc., a Novartis Company, is a clinical-stage gene therapy company, dedicated to developing and commercializing novel treatments for patients suffering from rare and life-threatening neurological genetic diseases. Our initial product candidate, AVXS-101, is our proprietary gene therapy product candidate currently in development for the treatment of spinal muscular atrophy, or SMA, Type 1, the leading genetic cause of infant mortality, and for the treatment of SMA Type 2. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration, or FDA, has granted AVXS-101 Orphan Drug Designation for the treatment of all types of SMA and Breakthrough Therapy Designation, as well as Fast Track Designation for the treatment of SMA Type 1. In addition to developing AVXS-101 to treat SMA Type 1 and Type 2, we also plan to develop other novel treatments for rare neurological diseases, including Rett syndrome (RTT) and a genetic form of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) caused by mutations in the superoxide dismutase 1 (SOD1) gene.
The Warehouse Associate is responsible for receiving, sampling, storing, issuing and shipping materials. This individual will work with the supply chain team to ensure inventory levels are accurate and materials are stored in the appropriate locations. This individual will support all manufacturing activities at the site.
• Receive all materials that come into the facility
• Locate and store all inventory items in the ERP system and physically locate them.
• Work with Production and Labs for materials that are required and need to be issued out
• Responsible for shipping all materials out of the facility. This includes hazmat shipments, export shipments and temperature sensitive shipments.
• Responsible to stay current on all training and shipping regulations.
• Complete inventory cycle counts to maintain current inventory accuracy.
• Organize the warehouse and outside of the POD manufacturing area. Examples include KANBAN processes and waste streams.
• H.S. Diploma required, B.S. degree is preferred.
• This is an entry level position, but 1+ years of pharmaceutical warehouse material handling experience is preferred.
• Must be certified to operate a forklift (propane sit down). • Strong communication and organizational skills, detail oriented.
• Must be physically able to lift and move materials (up to 50 lbs.) safely.
• Must work well in a team setting. Must maintain a professional work environment.
Very Important - must have a valid driver's license with no driving violations within the last 3 years.
The level of this position will be based on the final candidate’s qualifications.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
AveXis is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.