Ready to join a team committed to moving gene therapies into the clinical setting for patients and families devastated by rare neurological genetic diseases? AveXis is advancing cutting-edge science to treat rare and life-threatening genetic diseases starting with our clinical-stage, proprietary gene therapy candidate, AVXS-101. We are at the beginning of an incredible journey, and are looking for passionate individuals to join us on this important mission.
The Manufacturing Quality Associate is responsible for supporting the design and implementation of robust Quality Systems for a new viral gene therapy manufacturing site and quality on the manufacturing floor. The successful candidate will be responsible for quality operations on the manufacturing floor and working in collaboration with Manufacturing Operations to review and advise on written procedures including but not limited to: monitor and control the manufacturing environment, plant hygiene, process validation, people/process/waste flow patterns, aseptic certification, nonconformance review/disposition, and monitoring compliance with all requirements of good manufacturing practice.
The Manufacturing Quality Associate will be responsible for quality related business systems such as non-conformance/CAPA, by contributing and reviewing for approval and assisting with the implementation and supporting on-going continuous improvements. Will provide critical quality expertise to transition a novel gene therapy into a commercially approved product. This individual must have a good knowledge of and application of the CFR’s and cGMP’s .
• Assist with and provide information to close non-conformances and CAPAs
• Willing to work off-shift hours
• Complete on the floor quality audits and sampling during the manufacturing processes; knowledge of AQLs and visual inspection preferred
• Good understanding of batch record execution, GMP and GDP
• Work effectively with operators on the floor and make on the spot, risk based decisions; escalate issues to management as necessary
• Assist in developing and delivering robust overall quality systems resulting ina fully compliant facility with respect to procedures and processes Contribute to the key plant metrics for the Quality Management Review meeting (QMR) to ensure a state of control and drive action where appropriate along with reporting on a specific set of quality and compliance metrics; reporting to management all necessary information from plant floor
• Provide support on quality input on the translation of commercial product requirements into a technical product profile that includes defining critical quality attributes (CQA’s) and critical processing parameters (CPP’s)
Minimum B.S. degree in preferably microbiology, chemistry or biochemistry • A minimum of 3 years of experience in biopharmaceutical based GMP manufacturing operations including direct experience in cell culture, purification and aseptic fill/finish o Experience with viral gene therapies and/or orphan disease indications is a plus • Knowledge of FDA regulations and experience in US and international regulatory agency inspections • Direct experience reviewing standard operating procedures and partnering with operations on product related investigations and Non-conformances • Excellent oral and written communication skills with strong technical writing experience required • Experience with internal audits responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This position will be located out of our Chicago area office
The two MQ Associate positions are for multiple shifts - Overnight 6:00 pm to 6:00 am and floater.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
AveXis is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.